Designer update: Ken Fong


'From the land of nod' collection
GFW 11

KTW caught up with Ken Fong Uca Epsom graduate after seeing his GFW collection. The collection featured a beautiful choice of delicate fabrics crafted into charming but comfortable garments, so we put our questions to Ken to find out all the details behind his lastest collection.


Tell us about your graduate collection
My final collection started off with what i enjoy doing: lying in bed, doing nothing, being in my own little world. It developed from bed to pyjamas and then looking into turn of the century nightshirts for shape and detail. I wanted to create a collection that encapsulates slumberwear and the feeling of comfort that comes with it but with luxe and comfortable fabrics such as moleskin, chiffon and silk jerseys.

Talk us through the process you went through to to your final collection
The whole process started from around February when I received the brief till the end of May when we handed in. The best part of the process for me is the catwalk where you see months of hard work, stress and late nights distilled into a few minutes on the catwalk.

Where can ‘keep the wolf’ readers buy your clothes?
Unfortunately, there's no-where to buy my collection and some of the fabrics are discontinued. But if they head to my website and contact me, i'm sure that some arrangements could be made to make personalised items.

Where would you like to be selling your future collections ?
In the far far distant future, i'd probably like to be selling in my own standalone store, but before that, i'd like to sell in small boutiques.

What does the future hold for Ken Fong ?
Couple of days after the catwalk show I received an invitation to come apply for the MA menswear over at LCF. Hopefully if i get in, i'd be doing that. Failing that i'd hope to get a job, stay in london and intern on the side and work my way up the industry ladder that way.

We at KTW would like to wish Ken luck for his future in the fashion world and is looking forward to the next collection from this talented designer.