Graduate Update: Francesca Gaymor







Chic-Redux-Magazine

Last week Keep The Wolf visited the UCA Graduate degree show, showcasing Fashion Promotion and Imaging students along with fashion promotion and management.
Whilst looking through all the fresh talent we came across Francesca Gaymor UCA FPI student and loved what she had on display. So we thought we would share her graduate piece with you, we had a little interview with Francesca to give you a insight into her work and future plans.


Tell KTW about yourself ?

I am a recent BA hons Fashion Promotion & Imaging graduate from the University for the Creative Arts Epsom. The course I have studied has enabled me to gain valuable skills in Marketing, Photography, Styling and Graphics. A proficient and enthusiastic graduate; my drive and determination has allowed me to experience the industry. In 2010 I was fortunate enough to be signed to one of London's leading modelling agencies, Profile Model Management and I continue to model part-time. My experience as a professional model has allowed me to gain an extensive understanding of fashion, that has enthused me towards my chosen career choice, in Fashion Marketing and Advertising. This year I am to focus on beginning my career as a marketing professional.

What does fashion mean to you?

It's all about you.... It allows you to express yourself; your individuality... Personality is key!

Tell us about your recent work (Chic-Redux-Magazine)?

From September 2010 to January 2011 I was asked to document and research information that I found inspiring. From this I was able to develop ideas for my Final Major Project. An interest into the empowering 'Spitfire Women' of the Second World War brought me to discover a gap within the current print media market. With an in-depth research I combined my skills needed to create, Chic Redux magazine, a publication dedicated to the younger women of our generation. The magazine aims to inspire and empower the minds of young girls as they make that transition into womanhood; embracing the timeless personal styles that have made a significant impact on fashion today.

-Tell us about the concept ?

The essential concept of Chic Redux breaks it down with clear guidelines showing the fundamentals in a simple yet informative way, helping young women to find their own style and identity. Revolutionising new standards in women’s magazines, Chic Redux aims to be the new – biannual handbook that every young woman needs to consolidate her style and express themselves as individuals, an everlasting publication that shows them the way to personal style.

-Tell us about the location's chosen for your shoot?

The Sunday's Girl shoot was inspired by Venetia Scott's work for S/S 09 Margaret Howell campaign. It focuses on the transition from girl to woman...
The location was ideal to represent the feminine beauty of the girl, allowing the clothes to come second within the photograph. A playful atmosphere, my choice of location allows my reader to think about the story. I wanted the story to have a significant meaning as the clothes situated itself within the essential basics - a blank canvas for every young woman to personify.
The editorial was shot in two locations - A suburban house in Walton on Thames & at Windsor Great Park - Virginia Water Lake.

Where do you get your inspiration from?

Fashion History. I love researching stories and articles from the past. My main inspiration for my final major project was on a BBC 2 television documentary on the 'Spitfire Women' - an inspiring group of young individuals that are still today unrecognised within the war effort.

How would you describe your personal style?

I tend to mix classic with a hint of contemporary to mix things up! I guess it depends on how I'm feeling!

What do you hope for the future?

I'd love to travel the world... something that is yet to be ticked off on my to do list! Eventually I'd like to land myself a great job that shares all my interests and allows me to utilise my skills in marketing and promotion.

Keep The Wolf is a big fan of Francesca and her magazine and cant wait to see what she produces in the future.